Monday, April 20, 2009

Rest Time

Rest time took on a whole new meaning for our oldest son, Timmy. On Saturday afternoon, we told Timmy that we were going to have rest time. Rest time is a normal occurrence in our house on the weekends. Rest time means that Timmy has to stay in his room. He doesn't have to go to sleep, but he has to either play quietly in his room or read books. Normally, we have to remind him a couple of times to stay in his room. Well, this Saturday, he was really quiet and we thought he went to sleep. My husband had to work on Saturday night, and I was resting on the couch, so Ed went to check on Timmy before he walked out the door. And when he went into Timmy's room...this is what he found....











It's hard to see, but he has green marker and black ink on his forehead, and cheeks. He also is only wearing his underwear and has green marker all over his chest and belly and the word HULK written on his legs. When Ed asked him why he did this, Timmy replied, "I needed a mask to fight the bad guys. I'm HULK". As Ed was walking out the door, he woke me up to say he was leaving AND to tell me Timmy had a surprise for me. Timmy was SOOOO excited to show me his art work on his body. I just HAD to take a picture to document this hilarious turn of events. In my mind I was thinking, "Oh great...church is tomorrow and I may not be able to get that green "mask" off his face." Luckily, the marks came off with soap and a little bit of elbow power.

He's as good as new, although - Rest time will never be the same....

No comments: