Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lockwood Update

It's been over a week since I blogged, and I feel a need to update the world on what's happening in our lives right now.

*PRAISE - Ed FINALLY got a part-time job last week! He got a job working at a movie theatre near our house. If you know my hubby...you know he is a HUGE movie buff. With the job, comes an enormous perk...FREE MOVIES! We are thrilled to have more income coming in, and very thankful for the job.

*PRAISE - Someone put money into our bank account and we have NO idea who it was. We are EXTREMELY thankful to the angel that God sent to help us out. It came at the PERFECT moment, and if you are the one who did this... "Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! We pray MANY, MANY blessings for you for how you have blessed us"

*Health - I have had some terribly painful headaches for the past week or so. The pain comes and goes...it's not constant, but it was so bad on Sunday, that I had to call Ed at work and ask him to come home. I couldn't even get off the couch. It felt like an elephant was standing on my face. I don't know if it's allergies (the pollen is HORRIBLE here) or sinus' or what...so if you think about it, can you please say a prayer for me? Headaches are not conducive to taking care of the kiddos after a long day at work, especially with Ed working at night now.

*The Boys
- I must say that I am so proud of Timmy right now. He and Silas are becoming friends (as much as an almost 6 and almost 2 year old can be friends). Timmy used to be rough with Silas when they were playing, but now it's a normal nightly occasion that we hear Silas squealing with laughter because Timmy is tickling him or playing peek a boo with him...Timmy is REALLY becoming a GREAT big brother. I guess all of those talks about Timmy being Silas' protector have paid off. I have been working with Silas on talking...he still grunts alot to get what he wants. When he grunts, we have been saying the word of what he wants and asking him to say it. I can't believe he will be 2 in May...he's still my baby.

*Easter - Friday, we spent the day with my BFF Jenn and her daughter Gracyn in Newnan. She had planned for Timmy and Gracyn to dye Easter eggs. I used to do this all the time when I was little, but had not remembered to do this with Timmy, so I was excited to be able to start this tradition with him. When I told him we were going to "dye" Easter eggs, he said, "Mommy, I don't want the eggs to die". Jenn and I hid our laughter, and I said, "No honey, we are going to "dye" them, it's like coloring." Once he saw the cups of color...he was hooked. I'll have to post some pics of this on a later post. On Saturday, our church had an Easter egg hunt for the kids. There were 30,000 eggs laid out on a field for the taking. It was AMAZING to see the number of eggs that Timmy and Silas got (120 to be exact) filled with bubble gum, smarties, sweetarts, and gummies. Timmy was a little intimidated by the crowd at first, but as soon as they said "Go" he started grabbing those eggs. Silas didn't quite understand what was going on, but I showed him an egg and how to put it in the basket. Then he started picking up eggs, but would stop and clap his hands after each egg he put in the basket. It was so cute and great memories were had by all.

*Some of you may know, but I am taking online courses to become certified in Medical Transcription. I am hoping that when I get certified, that I will be able to find a Medical Transcription job working from home so that I can be there for Silas. I have 5 courses left out of 25, so I have been plugging away during my free time. My last 5 courses are all medical courses, so I won't be able to finish as fast as the others, but I am excited to be in the meat of this course. The school that I am taking this course from has a career center that helps their graduates get job placement upon graduation. I will be sure to keep you all updated on the status.

That about sums it all up...hopefully I will get back to blogging on a regular basis. It just depends on how each day presents itself.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Wow, it sounds like your sons got a lot of Easter eggs! 120 is an impressive haul for two little boys! :P

Bethany said...

what a fun update. Glad y'all had a fun Easter. We miss you guys. But just a few more weeks before we get to see you guys. We should be getting to your place on Thursday, May 7th, sometime in the afternoon and staying til Friday morning. Can't wait to see you all! Love ya!