Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Heart is Heavy

If you have been reading my blog for a while, then you know how I have been following Kayleigh's Story. The One Pound Miracle that was born on June 28, 2008 at 1 pound 1 oz and 10 1/2 inches long. She has had many, many medical issues during her first 10 months of life, including open heart surgery when she was only 3 months old. Her most recent surgery on last Thursday consisted of G-Tube, Nissen, Bilateral Hernia Repair & a new Central Line Placement. She came out of surgery ok, and even started her normal recovery...but yesterday, she stopped opening her eyes and stopped waking up. Now, the doctors think she is brain dead. They are running tests to see what happened to her...they don't know what caused this to happen. But this latest surgery was the last surgery Kayleigh needed before she could come home for the 1st time..and now...she might not make it. Here is a picture of her from her blog...

I can't imagine what her parents are going through right now. I don't know why my heart is so heavy for this family...I have never even laid eyes on them in real life. But I have been following Kayleigh's story since before she was born, and after everything this family has been through, I feel like I know them. If you think about it...won't you say a prayer for this little baby. Kayleigh has made me love on my kids more than I ever have...I am so thankful that God has blessed Ed and I with 2 healthy boys...I pray that God will allow the Freeman's to bring their baby home.

No comments: