Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Baby is 2

In March of 2006, I had my first miscarriage. At that time, I didn't think that I would ever have another baby...but GOD had other plans. I found out in September of 2006 that I was going to have a baby in May of 2007. I was THRILLED! I did not let a day go by that I didn't praise our Father in heaven for allowing me to carry this child another day.

On May 5, 2007, Silas Alexander Lockwood was born. He had the most beautiful head of dark hair that I had ever seen on a baby. He had the chubbiest little cheeks that I could have kissed all night. He looked like an angel sent from Heaven...and he was. All I wanted to do was hold Silas and look at his precious little face. God had given us a beautiful, healthy baby boy! I will never forget the moment that Timmy walked in the room to meet his baby brother. Papa had been watching him at our house while I was in labor. I am so glad that we were able to catch that moment on camera. Timmy was so enthralled with Silas' feet. Everytime someone came into the room to see us, Timmy would say, "Look at this feet. They are so little". A dream had come true for me that day...not only did God give us a healthy baby, but my mom was in the delivery room with me. She got to watch her new grandson come into this world and breathe his first breath. It makes me tear up just writing that because I wouldn't have wanted it ANY other way!

Silas was the BEST baby. He was so laid back and hardly ever cried at all. I had read the book Babywise, and was determined to get Silas on a better schedule than when I had Timmy. And you know what...I didn't even have to try that hard. Silas (on his own) would eat, be alert, sleep, then eat, be alert, sleep. It was like magic. I will never forget that first night holding him in my arms, and being so extremely thankful that God had blessed us with another son. After the pain of the miscarriage, it was like God replaced the feeling of "empty arms" with a perfect baby.

Ed and I have been so blessed with 2 amazing sons that were BOTH born in May. With Silas turning 2 today, I decided to post some pics of Silas' life since he was born.



Happy Birthday Sweet Boy! You truly are a GIFT from GOD!

1 comment:

brittney king said...

Happy birthday silas!!! what a big boy!!