Wednesday, March 25, 2009

On My Knees in Prayer

Prayers for Stellan


Last fall, I came upon MckMama's blog through Angie Smith's blog "Bring The Rain". MckMama was pregnant with Baby Stellan, and at 20 weeks he was diagnosed with heart failure. At 24 weeks, the doctors told MckMama and PC that their baby boy would die. They gave Stellan completely to the Lord and trusted HIM for the outcome, whether good or bad. All of us who were praying for Stellan, prayed that God would be glorified in whatever the outcome. Well, Stellan was born FULL TERM and completely HEALED of the heart problems he was diagnosed with in the womb. Immediately we all shouted PTL and enjoyed watching him grow and amazed at the goodness of the Lord.

On Sunday, he was having a little trouble breathing, so MckMama took him into the ER. Long story short, the problems that he was having in the womb, he is having now. His heart is in SVT which means that his heart rate is dangerously high. This came as a shock to MckMama, because Stellan has shown no signs of heart problems since he was born.

I have never met this family, but having prayed for them for 8 months, and after getting to know MckMama, they feel like family to me. On Monday night, when I was praying, I felt led to read Psalm 139. This Psalm became very comforting to me during my miscarriage, and I want to share a couple of verses that I am praying over Stellan.

(13) For YOU formed Stellan's inward parts; you knitted him together in his mother's womb. (14)I praise you, for Stellan is fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are YOUR works, my soul knows it very well. (15) Stellan's frame was not hidden from YOU, when he was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. (16) YOUR eyes saw Stellan's unformed substance; in YOUR book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for Stellan, when as yet there was none of them.

Please join me in prayer for this precious little baby. Be sure to click on the picture above and read updates about Stellan's condition.

To God Be the Glory!

No comments: