Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'm In A Funk

I can't believe it's been over a week since I have blogged. I had to make a change in priorities in my life so blogging got pushed aside for a little while. But now I'm back and I'm not sure where to begin. There are so many things going on in our life right now...I will try to update the best I can.

1. Ed and I have started praying together every night before bed. We started this last Monday night and I can honestly say, it has brought us closer together. Things have been so hectic in our life since 2009 started, that we felt that our priorities were ALL messed up. What is most important is our relationship with Christ, our relationship with each other, and then our boys. NOTHING should be coming in front of those things. For those couples out there reading this...I HIGHLY recommend praying together before you go to bed. It's a GREAT way to recap the happenings of the day with each other and for me personally, listening to the man of my dreams pray to our Heavenly Father, brings tears to my eyes. I fall in love with him all over again. I challenge you...make this a priority...no excuses...no matter what time! Right baby?! ;)

2. Ed and I have started specifically praying for a "desire of my heart" concerning my work situation. God has blessed us by giving me a full time job outside of the home. And due to Ed not bringing in any income at the moment, this job is the only source of income that we have. Ed is "volunteering" at ISF until if/when ISF gets funded, which would give Ed a full time paycheck. When he goes into the ISF office to work, he takes Silas with him while he is working because we can't afford child care at this time. So, on to the "desire of my heart".... I LONG to be home with Silas. I was able to stay "home" with Timmy in Texas..albeit, I was working at home as an RD, but the majority of my time was in the home. So, after 5 years, it has killed me to go back to work outside of the home. I feel like I am missing out on so much with Silas. I get to see him for about 3 1/2 hours Monday through Friday. I get to wake him up and feed him breakfast, and then feed him supper and put him to bed. I live for weekends right now when I get to spend time with the boys. I have SO many ideas of what I would do if I was home with Silas. So, many outings and time to read books and just get in the floor and play. In order for this "desire" to come to pass, Ed needs to bring in a paycheck that would cover our expenses/bills, etc. Until that happens, I will happily work at my job hoping and praying for the day that I get to be home. I am also currently taking online courses from Penn Foster College to get certified in Medical Transcription. My hope is that when I complete these courses, that I will be able to work from home even if Ed doesn't have a paycheck yet. Here's to praying and waiting on God's answer.

3. Now to the reason my blog is entitled "I'm In A Funk"...you see...here lately, I have had the HARDEST time getting motivated to lose weight/eat healthy/exercise. I have been wanting to get healthy for a while. Since I have moved to Georgia, I have lost about 15 pounds, and when January 1, 2009 hit..I was SO motivated to lose weight that I really felt like this would be the time for the "change". Well...shortly after, 5 days to be exact, I found out I was pregnant and didn't feel like I could really lose weight hardcore like I wanted to. My OB even said she just wanted me to maintain my weight throughout my pregnancy. I got so excited about being pregnant...looking forward to my belly getting larger because a baby was inside, not because of more fat. I couldn't wait to shop for maternity clothes because I had sold everything before we moved to GA, so I was looking forward to a new wardrobe. Then...the miscarriage happened and my motivation feels wiped out from underneath me. I REALLY want to get healthy and get into those summer clothes that are in the box labeled "Wish" for "wish I could wear these", but no one can "make" me do it...I have to get myself up off the couch and workout, eat right, be happy with who I am. I LOVE watching Biggest Loser every Tuesday night...and I wish I could have a trainer like Bob and Jillian to whip me into shape. But apparently those "trainers" cost A LOOOT of money...and extra money is not something we have right now. I am praying that God will help me get healthy and start today...not wait until Monday like I always tell myself....I need to start today. So, here's to getting out of my funk. Maybe I can use my blog as a way to hold myself accountable to get healthy so that my wish box can be empty by summer.

4. Family - I get to go home to NC for the first time since Christmas and I CAN'T WAIT! My little sis and her hubby just bought a house in NC near my parents!!! How cool is that....last year this time...she was living in Germany and this year she has a house for the FIRST time! I think I might just cry when I see it. We are throwing her a housewarming party Friday night and Saturday afternoon, so it's off to NC for the weekend.

5. Texas - I am a little jealous right now because my hubby is leaving early in the morning to go to Texas to visit family and friends. I can't BELIEVE he's going without me!! I miss my Texas family soooo much! But honestly speaking, I am actually thrilled he gets to go down to Texas...he NEEDS this time with his brothers in Christ...I am praying that this trip is spiritually refreshing for him and he comes back renewed and ready to meet the daily demands of our life in GA. And Ed...you BETTER come back to us! :)

I am hoping that I can manage my time better to be able to blog on a more regular basis, but this is not one of my top priorities...so we shall see how it goes.

Until next time...

No comments: