Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Night To Remember

I write in anticipation for Friday night - my last Diva night with the ladies at my church. Those ladies that I like to call my family! We have had MANY Diva nights full of memories...and I know that this one will be the best one ever! I have been sitting here reading some blogs that I regularly read, and I started getting emotional thinking about the ladies that God has placed in my life. Each one of these ladies that will be joining me tomorrow night has made a mark on my life. A mark that will NEVER go away. Some are spiritual markers, others are friendship markers. These are ladies that I will TRULY miss with all that is within me when I move to Atlanta. I know that as mothers, we don't always get a chance to share what each of us means to each other...time is never our friend. The kids usually take up a lot of our time. (Thank God for ALL the children represented in this group of ladies!!!!) But I just want to share a little bit about some of the ladies that will keep a piece of my heart in Texas.

Bethany Waters - wife of my husband's best friend. I know we don't get to spend as much time together as we would like. But you have encouraged me so much spiritually over all these years...especially recently! I am amazed at the work that God is doing in your life. 8 years is a long time, and we have been through a lot together, we have SO many memories --- I will never forget that night that you were pregnant with Faith and I was pregnant with Timmy, and we went to the convenient store up the road because we were craving ice cream...Tim and Ed just laughed at us...but it's a memory in my book that I will never forget. Speaking of Faith...I remember when you and Tim were trying for so long to get pregnant after Hannah, and it seemed like all around us the Lord was blessing everyone with a child...everyone but you...I remember how hard it was on you...you never spoke it out loud, but I could tell...oh how I prayed that God would give you another child...and when you called me on that June day and told me you were pregnant...what an answer to prayer!!!! I still remember where I was when I got your call...and then, I called Ed...and these were his words to me, "Now, you and I can get pregnant. I didn't want us to get pregnant until Bethany did." And in God's beautiful timing, HE allowed us to be pregnant at the same time. That was so fun to do together! I will NEVER forget you Bethany...even though I'll be so far away...you will always have a piece of my heart! I love you Sister!

Shelly Cook - girl...where do I begin?!?!? I know I have told you before, but I feel a connection to your soul that I can't describe. I was reading through my journal tonight and I found an entry on March 6, 2005 that states, "Lord, at Home Group tonight, I felt you leading me to draw Shelly out and encourage her." I still remember that night as if it was yesterday. It wasn't like we weren't friends...I mean I had been in Texas for 5 years, (I taught Ethan Lego Soup when he was a baby), but somehow that night things changed. Shelly...I have watched you grow into a godly woman who desires to be what God has called you to be. I have watched you and Matt's marriage grow into a beautiful picture of what God has ordained marriage to be. I can't wait to see how God is going to use your family. I know He will use you in a mighty way! You will always be one of my sisters Shelly....thanks for letting me in! Take care of my heart...I love you Sister!

Susan Cook - my "mom" in Texas. You took me in and made me feel like one of your daughters. Never did I ever question your love for me. I never dreamed when I'd move to Texas that I would find a family just like mine! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making me feel like I was at home with you and Donnie. Your godly example will always be something that has helped mold me into the woman I am today. I know that you will wear many crowns in heaven! I will never forget you! I love you always!

Tabitha Millikan - I know that I have shared this with you before, but God used you to help me heal after my miscarriage. And for that, we will be eternally connected at the soul. I will never forget what you said, what you did, and how you were there to just hold me and let me cry on your shoulder. You had walked in my shoes...and you knew exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you once again for being a part of one of my spiritual markers. I love you!

Amy Frans - I know that we haven't spent a lot of time together, but I still consider you part of a spiritual marker in my life. You may not know the whole story, but you being pregnant with Molly Jo when I had my miscarriage in 2006 was instrumental in my healing also. The day you announced on CBC moms that you were pregnant with Molly Jo, I had to tell everyone I had miscarried. Those days were some of the hardest days I have ever had to endure. You didn't even know that I was envious of the child you were caring inside your womb. I wanted sooo bad for it to be me! I had wanted to get pregnant so bad that I took things out of God's hands and tried to do them by myself. That summer of 2006, I did a Beth Moore Bible Study with some ladies in my ABF, and through that study, God showed me how envious I had been toward you and that I needed to confess that sin and make it right with you. I remember the day that God told me to go ask your forgiveness during church...at first I was like..."why God? Amy doesn't even know how I have been feeling." But God said to me..."You don't want your bitterness and envy to affect Amy's walk with me." So, with the Lord leading me, I stepped out of my seat and came to you and asked for your forgiveness. And you know what amazed me the most Amy...you didn't even flinch..you didn't look at me with disgust, you didn't look annoyed with me, you lovingly took me in your arms and said that you understood, and you forgave me. It was that simple...your act of forgiveness catapulted me into a season of sweet fellowship with my Lord. And later that summer, God in HIS PERFECT TIMING, allowed me to become pregnant with my beautiful baby boy Silas. I will be forever grateful for your forgiveness Amy! And when I look at Molly Jo, I am always reminded of that Summer of 2006 when God changed my heart and HE changed my life! Thanks Amy! Love you!

Shannon Heriford - my SOUL SISTA!!!! - I don't even know how to start, words aren't even sufficient enough to describe what you mean to me. I have never been around someone who is so much like me and who understands me like you do. It doesn't matter where we are...church, diva nights, picnics...when we see each other..it's immediate screaming, squealing, hugging, laughter...I love you girl! There is NO-ONE like you! Diva night in Georgia will NEVER be the same without my Soul Sista!!! I still remember the night you came into Bible Study...God had done a MARVELOUS, MIRACULOUS thing in your life and Jason's life...and all the ladies in that group were witnesses to the goodness of God...(I'm the new EVE)..., and now...God allowed you to have little Maggie...what a beautiful picture of God's love for HIS children. Please know that I will forever be connected to your soul! I love you Shannon!

There are many, many more ladies...but I will post again Saturday after my Diva night. To all you ladies in my life...your love amazes me! :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

WOW!! this is precious, Liz.
thank you so much for sharing your memories and your heart with us.
i am so excited about tonight and getting to give you a big "send off". you are dearly loved and will be dearly missed. muah.

Bethany said...

What a precious friend you are. This was an awesome testimony of God working in your life. Thank you for you sweet words. Love you, sister!

Brittney said...

Thanks Liz!!! :) it would be fun to take pics of you and your sisters :)

Amy said...

ok girlfriend, its been too long!! give us an update...and some pics of the boys!! miss you!