Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Refuge in Times of Trouble

My mom called today to give me a verse she read during her quiet time. She thought it would be bring me encouragement. My mom is ALWAYS thinking about her children and praying for us on a daily basis, so when she called to give me this verse. I felt blessed to have this word from the Lord.

Nahum 1:7 (NIV)

The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him


This verse really speaks to me right now. If you have been following my blog, then you know that Ed and I stepped out on faith and moved to Atlanta, GA so Ed could work with ISF. Things have DEFINITELY been tough for us, but as written in past blogs, God has never left us. We have truly been blessed through this journey.

After reading this verse from mom, I felt it important to share a recent "blessing" we received from the Lord. Our van had a flat tire on Sunday, and thankfully, our spare is a real tire and not a doughnut. So, Ed was able to drive the van to get the flat tire looked at. He took the tire to a "used" tire place that was recommended by a close friend in Acworth. Upon arriving, Ed found out that we needed 2 tires instead of just the one that was flat. Everyone knows that tires are NOT cheap these days, and with needing 2, I was so worried that it would cost us an arm and a leg. But, what are you to do when you rely on that vehicle to transport your family to and fro. However, I was thrilled when Ed called me and told me that they gave us 2 used, but look brand new tires for....get this...$50 TOTAL. That is with labor AND the cost of the tires! I shouted PRAISE THE LORD! I know to some this may not sound like much, but when money is tighter than it has EVER been...this was TRULY God caring for us.

I have to come to relish in the "little" blessings in my life, and most of the time, those "little" blessings turn out to be HUGE!

No comments: